'Australian hospital statistics 2010-11: emergency department care and elective surgery waiting times' presents information relating to emergency department care in major public hospitals and public hospital elective surgery waiting times for the period 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011. In 2010-11: over 6.2 million emergency department presentations were provided by major public hospitals, with 70% of patients receiving treatment within an appropriate time for their urgency (triage category); about 621,000 patients were admitted to Australian public hospitals from waiting lists for elective surgery, with 50% of patients admitted within 36 days. Data on emergency department waiting times for the ACT have been corrected and resupplied to the AIHW for the period 2008–09 to 2010–11. Chapter 2 tables have been revised to reflect these correction and are available in the Excel tables that accompany this report.
ISSN 1036-613X; ISBN 978-1-74249-262-9; Cat. no. HSE 115; 88pp.; Internet only
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Emergency department care
- Elective surgery waiting times
- Body section
- End matter
- Appendix 1: National Non-Admitted Patient Emergency Department Care Database (Appendix tables (80KB XLS))
- Appendix 2: National Elective Surgery Waiting Times Data Collection
- List of tables
- List of figures
- List of boxes
- Related publications
Notes and corrections
The current version of the publication is presented above.
Previous versions of files that have been updated or corrected are presented below.
1. (28 September 2012) Chapter 2 tables have been updated following corrections to the emergency department waiting times for the ACT for the period 2008-09 to 2010-11. These revised tables also include updated peer group information for all hospitals.
AIHW 2011. Australian hospital statistics 2010-2011: emergency department care and elective surgery waiting times. Health services series no. 41. Cat. no. HSE 115. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 6 May 2016 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737420662>.