released: 8 Aug 2012 author: AIHW
The Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services National Minimum Data Set (AODTS-NMDS) data specifications and collection manual is a reference for those collecting and supplying data for the AODTS-NMDS, including Australian Government and state and territory government staff, and alcohol and other drug treatment agency staff. Major changes to this year's collection include an update to the 'Principal drug of concern' data item to align with the Australian Standard Classification of Drugs of Concern (2011), and the inclusion of additional data elements to enable the number of clients receiving treatment to be estimated.
ISSN 1447-6746; ISBN 978-1-74249-318-3; Cat. no. HSE 123; 192pp.; $28
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Body section
- 1 Introduction
- How to use this document
- Why do we need a national collection?
- Brief history of the national collection
- Roles and responsibilities
- 2 Scope of the AODTS–NMDS
- 2.1 Which agencies?
- 2.2 Which clients?
- 2.3 Which activities?
- 3 What’s new for 2012–13?
- 3.1 Changes in 2012–13
- 3.2 The Statistical linkage key 581 (SLK–581)
- 4 AODTS data items
- 4.1 Overview of data items in the NMDS
- 4.2 Key definitions
- 4.3 Episode-level items
- 4.4 Establishment-level items
- 4.5 Episode-level items
- 4.6 Summary of data element changes
- 5 Collection procedures, data quality and validation checks
- 5.1 The ValidataTM tool
- 5.2 Collation of the national data set
- 5.3 Data transfer
- 5.4 Data quality
- 5.5 AIHW validation checks
- 6 AODTS–NMDS privacy and data principles
- 7 Data release guidelines for the AODTS–NMDS
- 7.1 Purpose
- 7.2 Background
- 7.3 Options to access published data
- 7.4 Options for access to unpublished data
- End matter
- Appendix A: A history of data element changes
- Appendix B: Members of the IGCD AODTS–NMDS Working Group
- Appendix C: Australian Standard Geographical Classification (ASGC)
- Appendix D: Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS)
- Appendix E: Standard Australian Classification of Countries 2011
- Appendix F: Australian Standard Classification of Languages 2011
- Appendix G: Australian Standard Classification of Drugs of Concern 2011
- List of tables
- List of figures
AIHW 2012. Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services National Minimum Data Set 2012-13: specifications and collection manual. Drug treatment series no. 17. Cat. no. HSE 123. Canberra: AIHW.