- About 662,000 patients were admitted to Australian public hospitals from elective surgery waiting lists
- 50% of patients were admitted for their surgery within 36 days of being placed on the waiting list and 90% were admitted within 251 days.
ISSN 1036-613X; ISBN 978-1-74249-362-6; Cat. no. HSE 127; 60pp.; $18
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso page
- How much elective surgery was done in 2011-12?
- How long did people wait for surgery?
- Body section
- End matter
- Appendix 1: Data quality information (307KB XLS)
- Data quality statement: National Elective Surgery Waiting Times Data Collection 2011-12
- Variation in reporting
- Quality of Indigenous status data
- Appendix 2: Technical notes
- Data presentation
- Estimated coverage of elective surgery
- Appendix 3: Elective surgery reporting under the National Partnership Agreement on Improving Public Hospital Services
- List of tables
- List of figures
- List of boxes
- Related publications
Notes and corrections
The current version of the publication is presented above.
Previous versions of files that have been updated or corrected are presented below.
- (22 Oct 2012) Table 3.3 and Table S3.1 have been corrected.
Previous version Australian hospital statistics 2011-12: elective surgery waiting times (1.6MB PDF)
Previous version Ch3 Waiting times for elective surgery (519KB XLS)
AIHW 2012. Australian hospital statistics 2011-12: elective surgery waiting times. Health services series no. 46. Cat. no. HSE 127. Canberra: AIHW.