This report shows that older Australians are living longer and, on average, getting more years of life without severe or profound limitation in basic daily activities. On the other hand, the ageing of the Australian population and increasing longevity are leading to a greater number of older people with disability and severe or profound activity limitation.
ISBN 978-1-74249-370-1; Cat. no. AUS 166; 27pp.; $18
Publication table of contents
- Methods and data sources
- Estimates of health expectancies in 2009
- Trends in health expectancies from 1998 to 2009
- Is morbidity compressing?
- Appendix A: Methods for calculation of health expectancies
- Appendix B: ABS survey definitions of disability
- Appendix C: Appendix tables
- Verso page
AIHW 2012. Changes in life expectancy and disability in Australia 1998 to 2009. AIHW bulletin no. 111. Cat. no. AUS 166. Canberra: AIHW.