'Australia's hospitals 2011-12: at a glance' provides information on Australia's 1,345 public and private hospitals. In 2011-12, there were 9.3 million hospitalisations, including 2.4 million admissions involving surgery. Public hospitals provided 7.8 million non-admitted patient emergency services, with 72% of patients seen within recommended times for their triage category. This publication is a companion to 'Australian hospital statistics 2011-12'.
ISSN 1036-613X; ISBN 978-1-74249-419-7; Cat. no. HSE 133; 38pp.; $20
Publication table of contents
- Title and verso pages
- How many hospitals are there?
- How diverse are public hospitals?
- How many people are employed in Australia's hospitals?
- How much do hospitals spend?
- How are our hospital services funded?
- What services do Australia's hospitals provide?
- Emergency department services
- Outpatient care
- Admitted patient care: overview
- Admitted patient care: same-day acute care
- Admitted patient care: overnight acute care
- Admitted patient care: surgery
- Admitted patient care: sub-acute and non-acute care
- Related information
AIHW 2013. Australia's hospitals 2011-12: at a glance. Health services series 49. Cat. no. HSE 133. Canberra: AIHW.