In 2012-13:- about 673,000 patients were
admitted to Australian public hospitals from elective surgery waiting lists-
50% of patients were admitted for their surgery within 36 days of being placed
on the waiting list and 90% were admitted within 265 days.
ISSN 1036-613X; ISBN 978-1-74249-503-3; Cat. no. HSE 140; 63pp.; $12
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- How much elective surgery was there in 2012-13?
- How long did people wait for surgery?
- Body section
- 1 Introduction
- Data source
- What's in this report?
- 2 Elective surgery activity | CH2 tables (153KB XLS)
- How have admissions changed over time?
- How much activity was there in 2012-13?
- 3 Waiting times for elective surgery | CH3 tables (364KB XLS)
- How did waiting times vary over time?
- How long did people wait for surgery in 2012-13?
- End matter
- Appendix A: Data quality information | Appendix A (93KB XLS)
- Appendix B: Technical notes
- Data presentation
- Estimated coverage of elective surgery
- Appendix C: Elective surgery reporting under the National Partnership Agreement on Improving
- List of tables
- List of figures
- List of boxes
- Related publications
AIHW 2013. Australian hospital statistics 2012-13: elective surgery waiting times. Health services series 51. Cat. no. HSE 140. Canberra: AIHW.