Mental health services—in brief 2014 provides an overview of data about the national response of the health and welfare system to the mental health care needs of Australians. It is designed to accompany the more comprehensive data on Australia’s mental health services available online at mhsa.aihw.gov.au.
ISBN 978-1-74249-661-0; Cat. no. HSE 154; 48pp.; Internet only
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Therapy by flowers
- Body section
- Mental illness in Australia-prevalence and impact
- Prevalence of mental illness
- Impact of mental illness
- Australia's mental healthcare system-an overview
- Who receives mental health care?
- Who provides mental health care?
- Where is specialised mental healthcare provided?
- How much does mental healthcare cost?
- Mental health care services and support
- Mental health care provided by general practitioners
- Mental health-related services provided by psychologists
- Mental health-related services provided by psychiatrists
- Mental health-related medications
- Community mental health care services provided by state and territory governments
- State and territory residential mental health care services
- Mental health services provided in emergency departments
- Admitted patient mental health care
- Personal Helpers and Mentors services
- Specialist Homelessness Services
- Psychiatric disability support services
- Mental health care resources
- Mental health workforce
- Mental health services expenditure
- State and territory specialised mental health care facilities and workforce
- In focus 2014-involuntary care and seclusion
- Involuntary mental health care
- Use of seclusion as a restrictive practice in mental health care services
- Key Performance Indicators for Australian Public Mental Health Services
- MHS KPI 2: 28 day readmission rate
- MHS KPI 11: Rate of pre-admission community care
- MHS KPI 12: Rate of post-discharge community care
- End matter
AIHW 2014. Mental health services—in brief 2014. Cat. no. HSE 154. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 28 February 2017 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=60129549463>.