This report is the first of its kind produced by the AIHW linking homelessness and public housing data in order to better understand the clients of both. The report shows that specialist homelessness agencies were very successful in assisting clients to sustain their public housing tenancies.
ISBN 978-1-74249-721-1; Cat. no. HOU 277; 32pp.; $10
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso page
- Body section
- 1 Introduction
- 2 How SHSC and public housing data were linked
- 3 Overview of client groups
- 4 SHS support prior to public housing tenancy
- Who were assisted into public housing?
- 5 SHS support received during public housing tenancy
- Who were supported to maintain their tenancy?
- 6 SHS support received after public housing tenancy
- 7 Public housing tenancies and clients with multiple and complex needs
- Economic participation
- Reasons for seeking assistance
- Client need for services
- 8 Conclusion
- End matter
- List of tables
- List of figures
AIHW 2015. Exploring transitions between homelessness and public housing: 1 July 2011 to 30 June 2013. Cat. no. HOU 277. Canberra: AIHW.