Cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease—Australian facts is a series of 5 reports by the National Centre for Monitoring Vascular Diseases at the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare that describe the combined burden of cardiovascular disease (CVD), diabetes and chronic kidney disease (CKD).
This report on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people presents up-to-date statistics on risk factors, prevalence, hospitalisation and deaths from these 3 chronic diseases. It examines age and sex characteristics and variations by geographical location and compares these with the non-Indigenous population.
ISSN 2204-1397 (Print) 2204-1400 (PDF); ISBN 978-1-74249-848-5; Cat. no. CDK 5; 128pp.; $45
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Body section
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Risk factors
- Tobacco smoking
- Insufficient physical activity
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Inadequate fruit and vegetable consumption
- Overweight and obesity
- High blood pressure
- Impaired fasting glucose
- 3 Cardiovascular disease
- How many Indigenous people have cardiovascular disease?
- Hospital care for cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular deaths among Indigenous people
- 4 Diabetes
- How many Indigenous people have diabetes?
- Hospital care for diabetes
- Diabetes deaths among Indigenous people
- 5 Chronic kidney disease
- How many Indigenous people have chronic kidney disease?
- End-stage kidney disease
- Hospital care for chronic kidney disease
- Chronic kidney disease deaths among Indigenous people
- 6 Comorbidity of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- How many Indigenous people had cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease comorbidity?
- Hospital care of comorbidities
- Multiple causes of death
- End matter
- Appendix A: Data sources
- Appendix B: Method and classifications
- Appendix C: Detailed statistical tables
- List of tables
- List of figures
- Related publications
AIHW 2015. Cardiovascular disease, diabetes and chronic kidney disease—Australian facts: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Cardiovascular, diabetes and chronic kidney disease series no. 5. Cat. no. CDK 5. Canberra: AIHW.