released: 5 Aug 2016 author: AIHW
This summary report presents key findings from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s report: Australian Burden of Disease Study: Impact and causes of illness and death in Australia 2011. It provides estimates of the burden due to different diseases and injuries in Australia and the contribution of various risk factors to this burden. It includes new analyses of the burden attributed to all dietary risk factors included in the study.
ISSN 2204-4108 (PDF) 2006-4508 (Print); ISBN 978-1-74249-973-4; Cat. no. BOD 5; 20pp.; $10
Publication table of contents
- Key findings
- What is burden of disease analysis and why is it important?
- Health loss across the life course
- Impact of living with illness or injury
- Impact of dying prematurely
- Large proportion of burden can be prevented
- Substantial gains in population health
- Variations across geographic and population groups
- Where can I find out more?
AIHW 2016. Australian Burden of Disease Study: impact and causes of illness and death in Australia 2011—summary report. Australian Burden of Disease Study series no. 4. Cat. no. BOD 5. Canberra: AIHW.