This report contains detailed analyses underlying the summary data presented in the policy report Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2008 report, produced by the Department of Health and Ageing. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework (HPF) is designed to provide the basis to monitor the impact of the National Strategic Framework for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health (NSFATSH) and inform policy analyses, planning and program implementation. The HPF consists of 70 measures covering three tiers: health status and outcomes, determinants of health and health systems performance.
ISBN 978 1 74024 860 0; Cat. no. IHW 22; 1559pp.; INTERNET ONLY
Publication tables of contents and part PDFs
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework
The Office for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health has produced two policy reports (full report and summary report) based on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2008 detailed analyses report.
Tier 1 Health status and outcomes tables 4
Tier 2 - Determinants of health tables 4
Tier 3 - Health system performance tables 4
Notes and corrections
The current version of the publication is presented above.
Previous versions that have been updated or corrected are presented below.
- To align with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework Report 2008, published by the Department Health and Ageing, the order of the following indicators has been changed:
There is no change to the information presented in the report except that the table and figure numbers have been changed to reflect the changed numbering of the indicators. (23 March 2009)
- 1.15 Perceived health status (was 1.16)
- 1.16 Social and emotional wellbeing (was 1.18)
- 1.17 Life expectancy at birth (was 1.15)
- 1.18 Median age at death (was 1.17)
- The word 'doctor' has been changed to 'doctor/GP outside of Aboriginal medical services (AMS's) and hospitals' or similar where appropriate, indicator 3.15. (20 April 2009)
- Indicator 1.17 Life expectancy at birth has been updated. (16 September 2009)
- Supplementary tier tables added (4 November 2009)
- South Australia supplementary tier tables added (27 November 2009)
AIHW 2009. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2008 report: detailed analyses. Cat. no. IHW 22. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 25 March 2017 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442468199>.