released: 21 Dec 2010 author: AIHW
In Australia, around 7,200 young people were under juvenile justice supervision on any given day in 2008-09; almost 90% were under community-based supervision, with the remainder in detention. This interim report contains the main tables from the forthcoming Juvenile justice in Australia 2008-09 (full report).
ISSN 1833-3230; ISBN 978-1-74249-102-8; Cat. no. JUV 6; 26pp.; INTERNET ONLY
Publication table of contents
- Preliminary material
- Title and verso pages
- Symbols and abbreviations used in the tables
- Body section
- Introduction and methods
- Number under supervision
- Population rates
- National totals
- All young people under supervision
- Young people under community-based supervision
- Young people in detention
- Australian population
- End matter
- List of tables
Notes and corrections
The current version of the publication is presented above.
Previous versions of files that have been updated or corrected are presented below.
- This report was amended due to changes in totals for number and rate of young people during the year corrected (Tables 3.1, 3.2, 4.1, 4.2). (30 May 2011)
Juvenile justice in Australia 2008-09: interim report - main tables (677KB PDF)
AIHW 2010. Juvenile justice in Australia 2008-09: Interim report - main tables. Juvenile justice series no. 6. Cat. no. JUV 6. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 27 November 2014 <http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442472468>.