A data cube is a multidimensional representation of a data set that allows you to select, filter and arrange aggregated data. The SHSC data cubes contain data for 2011–12 to 2021–22, where available. The data are separated into multiple cubes to ensure that client confidentiality is retained in accordance with legislation and agreements supporting the data collection, while at the same time maximising functionality for data cube users.
The SHSC data cubes user guide provides further details about the cubes such as:
- a list of the data items in these cubes and the metadata about these items
- client count information including differences in client totals between and within cubes
- confidentialisation including not publishing age for some clients (n.p.)
- comparability with other published SHSC data.
Please note that the repeat homelessness variable in the SHSC demographics and the SHSC housing situation data cubes is a measure of repeat episodes of homelessness during the financial year (i.e., 12 months). This is different to the National Housing and Homelessness Agreement return to homelessness and persistent homelessness indicators, which span across a 24-month period.
When using the cubes, please acknowledge the source as:
- AIHW 2022. Specialist Homelessness Services Collection data cubes 2011–12 to 2021–22. Canberra: AIHW.