This report would not have been possible without the valued cooperation and efforts of the data providers—the state and territory health authorities and individual public hospitals. The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) thanks them for their timely supply of data, and for assistance with data validation and with the preparation of this report.
The AIHW’s Australian Hospital Statistics Advisory Committee has been of great assistance to this project. Committee members are:
- Adrian Webster (AIHW) (Chair)
- Tomi Adejoro (South Australian Department for Health and Wellbeing)
- Peita Bonato (Australian Capital Territory Health Directorate)
- Sue Cornes (Queensland Department of Health)
- James Hansen (Australian Government Department of Health)
- Angel Kinnell (Northern Territory Department of Health)
- Peter Mansfield (Tasmanian Department of Health)
- Rosangela Merlo (Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
- Andrew Puljic (Western Australian Department of Health)
- Allan Went (New South Wales Ministry of Health).
Within the AIHW, the report was prepared by Katrina Burgess, Alexei Dukhnovski and Jane McIntyre. Data compilation and validation were undertaken by Brett Henderson and Katrina Hicks. The contributions of Adrian Webster, Marissa Veld and George Bodilsen are gratefully acknowledged.