27 Nov 2020 - The following updates and changes were made:
- Data from the 2012–13 National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey (NATSIHS) on the prevalence of overweight and obesity among Indigenous Australians have been updated with data from the 2018–19 NATSIHS. Data on the change in prevalence between 2012–13 and 2018–19 have been added, as well as new comparisons of overweight and obesity prevalence in Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, based on the latest ABS survey data.
- Estimates of the prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents by sex and age have been updated to use different age groups (previously 2–4, 5–7, 8–11, 12–15 and 16–17; now 2–4, 5–9, 10–14 and 15–17).
- Corrected proportion of severely obese adults in 2017–18 (from 1 in 10 (11%) to 1 in 9 (12%)).
- The content has been restructured and updated, and additional details on data sources and methods have been added.
- The format of some of the interactive graphs has been updated, where previously stacked graphs were used.
- Minor updates to wording have been made.
- Sources and references have been updated.
- Data tables have been updated with new data where available.
- Extra data have been added to some tables to supplement the figures in the web report.
- Crude rates and confidence intervals have been added to appear with age-standardised rates.
- Error has been corrected, to show age-standardised confidence intervals instead of crude confidence intervals in table S5.
- Sources, references and formatting have been updated.
20 Aug 2019 - The following changes were made:
- Text in the Prevalence section of the report regarding obesity in men (42%) and women (39%) age 65–74 incorrectly stated 1 in 4 and has been revised to correctly state 2 in 5.
- The data for 1995 in the tableau visualisation Figure 1: Proportion of overweight and obese children and adolescents aged 5–17 years, 1995 to 2017–18 were incorrect and have been updated to correctly reflect the data in text and the supplementary tables.
- Text in the Time trends section, under the heading Children and adolescents incorrectly stated the prevalence of obesity in 2017–18 is 8.2%. This has been corrected to 8.1%.
- Table S3 incorrectly presented the proportion of overweight or obese children in the lowest socioeconomic group (group 1) as 10.7%, this has been corrected to 28.1%.
- Text in the Differences between groups section of the report incorrectly stated that rates of overweight and obesity for children in the highest socioeconomic areas was 25%. This has been corrected to 21% to reflect the data in the tables.