A range of health data sets were utilised to assess the effects of the 2019–20 bushfire season on health service use, including:
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- IQVIA (privately provided pharmaceutical sales) data
- Emergency department presentations data for New South Wales only
- Air quality data for Australian Capital Territory only
The interactive graphs allow you to explore how rates of PBS respiratory-related prescription dispensing, sales of inhalers for shortness of breath (prescription and over-the-counter), selected MBS item claims and NSW emergency department presentations for all respiratory conditions and asthma changed over each week of the bushfire period, compared with the previous year.