A number of other data sources include information not available in the AODTS NMDS. Using these additional data sets supports more comprehensive reporting of alcohol and other drug treatment in Australia. These include:
- National Opioid Pharmacotherapy Statistics Annual Data Collection (NOPSAD)
- Specialist homelessness services: drug and alcohol related issues
- Drug related hospitalisations
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health organisations: alcohol and other drug treatment services
- National Prisoner Health Collection (NPHDC).