This web report would not have been possible without the valued co-operation and efforts of the data providers—the state and territory health authorities and individual public and private hospitals. The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) thanks them for their timely supply of data, assistance with data validation and the preparation of this report.
The AIHW’s Australian Hospital Statistics Advisory Committee has been of great assistance to this project. Committee members who contributed to this report are:
- Tomi Adejoro (South Australian Department for Health and Ageing)
- Peita Bonato (Australian Capital Territory Health Directorate)
- Amanda Lanagan (Northern Territory Department of Health)
- Peter Mansfield (Tasmanian Department of Health)
- Rosangela Merlo (Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
- Andrew Puljic (Western Australian Department of Health)
- Allan Went (New South Wales Ministry of Health)
- Ben Wilkinson (Queensland Department of Health)
Within the AIHW, the report was prepared by Katrina Burgess, Alexei Dukhnovski, Michaela Gilbert, Jane McIntyre, Tony Mole and Michael Wollan. Data compilation and validation were undertaken by Katrina Hicks, Marietta Brinkley and Natalie Hayward. The contributions of Adrian Webster, George Bodilsen, Sally Mills and Marissa Veld are gratefully acknowledged.