Links & other information

Information on adopting a child may be obtained from state and territory departments responsible for adoption, Intercountry Adoption Australia and the Department of Social Services (DSS) websites. Visa and citizenship information, for parents adopting a child from outside Australia, is available from the Department of Home Affairs  website. Information on post-adoption support to intercountry adoptees and their families can be found at the Intercountry Adoptee and Family Support Service (ICAFSS), which is funded by the DSS and delivered by Relationships Australia. Information on expatriate adoptions can be found at Intercountry Adoption Australia.

State and territory department details can be found at: