- Over half the respondents (55.5%) reported brushing their teeth at least twice a day during the last week, and more than half reported regularly cleaning between their teeth (60.6%).
- A higher proportion of females than males brushed at least twice a day in the last week (58.7% compared with 41.3%), and reported regularly cleaning interdentally (56.2% compared with 43.8%).
- Brushing at least twice a day was more common among older people, but regular interdental cleaning did not vary with age.
- For adults under 60, those with a higher income, were more likely to brush their teeth at least twice a day.
- Respondents with a higher level of education were more likely to report brushing their teeth at least twice a day and to regularly clean interdentally.