Specialist Homelessness Services Collection (SHSC) data cubes
A data cube is a multidimensional representation of a data set that allows you to select, filter and arrange aggregated data. The SHSC data cubes contain data for 2011–12 to 2022–23, where available. The data are separated into multiple cubes to ensure that client confidentiality is retained in accordance with legislation and agreements supporting the data collection, while at the same time maximising functionality for data cube users.
The SHSC data cubes user guide provides further details about the cubes such as:
- a list of the data items in these cubes and the metadata about these items
- client count information including differences in client totals between and within cubes
- confidentialisation including not publishing age for some clients (n.p.) in some cubes, and perturbation in other cubes
- comparability with other published SHSC data.
This year, for the first time, the cubes have been released through the AIHW Data Exploration Tool. For help using the new platform (which is built on SuperWEB2), please refer to the online documentation manual.
When using the cubes, please acknowledge the source as:
AIHW 2024. Specialist Homelessness Services Collection data cubes 2011–12 to 2022–23. Canberra: AIHW.
- These data cubes accompany the Specialist homelessness services annual report 2022–23. Please note data presented in the cubes may differ from those published elsewhere because of differences in the preparation and analysis of the source data.
- For general information on how to use and manipulate the SHSC data cubes and for assistance with building a table, see the SHSC data cubes user guide.
- For information on how SHSC data are collected, see the SHS Collection Manual [PDF, 1.4 MB].
- For data quality information, see the data quality statement for each reference year, available from METEOR – the AIHW metadata repository.
- For further enquiries, customised data requests or help, please email [email protected].