- almost two-thirds (66%) of AOD agencies in New South Wales are government treatment agencies
- the majority (63%) of the 390 publicly funded treatment agencies in New South Wales were located in Major cities , followed by Inner regional areas (30%) (Figure 4; Table SA.3)
- agencies located in Major cities provided 70% of all closed treatment episodes in New South Wales (Table SA.4).
- only 1% of treatment agencies were located in Remote areas
- across all remoteness areas, the majority of agencies were government agencies, ranging from 64% in Major cities to 75% in Remote areas.
In the period 2013–14 to 2017–18, the number of publicly funded treatment agencies in New South Wales rose from 292 to 390 (Table SA.1).