Previous versions of files that have been updated or corrected are presented below.
(18 June 2019)
The edition of this report released on 20 June 2018, stated “It is estimated that about 1 in 10 (11%) Australians identify as LGBTI (AHRC 2014)”. Following questions raised about these data the AIHW has made the following amendments.
The following text has been removed:
- Page 7: “An estimated 11% of Australians may be of diverse sexual orientation, sex or gender identity (AHRC 2014).”
- Page 9: “AHRC (Australian Human Rights Commission) 2014. Face the facts: lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people 2014. Sydney: AHRC.”
- Page 284: “It is estimated that about 1 in 10 (11%) Australians identify as LGBTI (AHRC 2014).”
- Page 287: “AHRC (Australian Human Rights Commission) 2014. Face the facts: lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people. Sydney: Australian Human Rights Commission.”
On page 284 the following text has been added:
“Based on the Australian Bureau of Statistics 2014 General Social Survey, 3.0% of adults identified as gay, lesbian or as having an 'other' sexual orientation (ABS 2015).
In a survey of 1,168 students aged 12–17 from rural areas of Australia, 89% were attracted only to people of the opposite sex. Of the remaining 11%, 6% were unsure, 2% were attracted to both sexes and 3% were attracted only to people of the same sex (Hillier et al. 1996).”
On page 287 the following references have been added:
“ABS 2015. General Social Survey: Summary Results, Australia, 2014. ABS cat. no. 4159.0. Canberra: ABS.”
“Hillier L, Warr D & Haste B 1996. The Rural Mural: Sexuality and Diversity in Rural Youth. Melbourne: National Centre in HIV Social Research, Program in Youth/General Population, La Trobe University.”
Previous version - Australia's health 2018 (17.3MB PDF)
(3 Decemeber 2019)
An amendment has been made on page 320 to correct the unit of measure for rates of burden from hearing loss, and from otitis media, in Indigenous and non-Indigenous children. The rates reported as “DALYs per 1,000” have been amended to “DALYs per 100,000”.