State and territory
Does the number of complaints related to abuse and neglect per 1,000 NDIS participants vary between states and territories?
The data in the graph and the table below show the number of complaints related to abuse and neglect per 1,000 NDIS participants, grouped by Australian states and territories. In 2021–22, in South Australia there were 3.8 complaints per 1,000 NDIS participants. In Victoria, there were 0.9 complaints per 1,000 NDIS participants.
|State/Territory||No. of abuse/neglect complaints per 1,000 NDIS participants|
|New South Wales||1.1|
|Australian Capital Territory||1.1|
- For the purposes of this analysis, ECEI equates to participants aged 0 to 6 as of 30 June 2022. This cohort has been excluded.
- Complaints made to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission relate to concerns regarding NDIS supports or services.
- Abuse and neglect includes financial abuse, and relate to allegations of abuse and neglect.
- One complaint instance may correspond to allegations of abuse/neglect involving multiple or no participants.
- A participant can make multiple complaints.
- The number of complaints (numerator) are those received during the relevant financial year.
- The NDIS participant counts (denominator) are as at 30 June of the relevant financial year.
Source: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) – Business Systems | Data source overview