The HPA data collection captures information about the recipients of HPA and instances of HPA assistance. HPA is administered by each state/territory housing authority and provides a range of financial assistance to eligible households to improve their access to, and maintain, home ownership.
Since 1997–98, the AIHW has compiled HPA data from states and territories on an annual basis. The data help to describe the performance of the current National Housing and Homelessness Agreement and the former National Affordable Housing Agreement and Commonwealth-State Housing Agreement.
The data collection has evolved over time, with changes to the data collection scope, procedures, data items collected and underlying definitions and concepts.
from 1/7/1997 to 30/6/2021
National and State
- Summary tables published in electronic form
Client specified tables on request which may be subject to data provider approval (charges apply).
Restricted unit record access subject to Ethics Committee approval and/or the agreement of all relevant data custodians in all states and territories (charges may apply).
There are restrictions and limitations governing the availability or use of other data in this holding.
- direct lending (including government loans, shared equity loans and bridging loans)
- deposit assistance
- interest rate assistance
- mortgage relief
- other assistance grants.
- non-financial assistance, for example home purchase advisory and counselling services
- home renovation and/or maintenance services
- relocation or start up assistance
- sale to tenant programs
- provision of housing or any share of it
- expense incurred in providing assistance to a household that is not the value of financial assistance directly received by the household
- any aspect of a shared equity loan that is not direct lending, deposit assistance, interest rate assistance or mortgage relief
- any assistance not provided expressly for purchasing a home.
Metadata information and data quality statement (DQS)
Home Purchase Assistance DSS
Home Purchase Assistance Collection DQS
External links and information
Housing assistance in Australia